It provides crucial training to ensure safety while transporting individuals with disabilities, minimising risks to workers and clients. By equipping support workers with skills to secure individuals and wheelchairs, it emphasises the duty of care towards passengers, colleagues, and themselves.
What content does the program cover? There are two elements to this program, covering a comprehensive range of content that equips learners with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel as drivers. By completing this program, learners will gain a clear understanding of their responsibilities as drivers, enabling them to confidently navigate various transportation scenarios while prioritising client safety.
After completing these elements learners will be able to:
- Explain their responsibilities as a driver
- Demonstrate understanding of client safety during transport
- Describe safety consideration when assisting a client in and out of a vehicle
- Demonstrate risk management and safe manual handling techniques
- Show how to correctly use wheelchair tie-downs and seatbelts
- Explain location and use of manual override on hoist in van
- Describe what to do in case of an accident
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a digital certificate of completion.
- Online eLearning module - duration: 60 minutes (2 x 30 minute eLearning modules).
Proudly distributed in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance Training Alliance. For technical support with the eLearning training platform, please contact email@example.com , show phone number or access the online helpdesk.
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that all staff and individuals responsible for assisting clients and driving company or accessible vehicles complete this course.
- $49.50 including GST for 12 months. Volume discounts are available upon application.