Companion Card WA
Creating greater inclusion for people with disability who require assistance accessing the community.
- Companion Card holders receive a free ticket for their companion at venues and events throughout Australia
- Promoting the rights of people with disability through community inclusion
- The Companion Card belongs to the person with disability so they can choose who comes to support and assist them while they’re out
Who is this resource for?
People with disability who require support each time they access the community.
The Companion Card is for people with a significant and permanent disability, who require attendant care support in order to participate at community venues and activities.
You can apply for a WA Companion Card if you can demonstrate all of the following:
- you live in Western Australia
- you have a significant and permanent disability
- due to the impact of your disability you are unable to participate at most community venues and activities without attendant care support
- your need for this level of support will be lifelong
Service providers, organisations or companions cannot apply for a Companion Card. Cards are only issued to, and remain the property of, the person with a disability. This enables them to choose who they would prefer to take as a companion to a venue or activity.