Winter Workforce Register
The NDIA, in partnership with IPA, is establishing a special team of qualified disability support workers to fill critical shift shortages this winter.
They are seeking former disability support workers or final year placement students with appropriate worker clearances and police checks.
Winter and flu season means we need to create a national register of skilled disability support workers willing to fill local shortages on a temporary basis. The national register is looking across the country for people willing to join the register as part of the Winter Relief Workforce. The relief workers will be lending a much-needed hand throughout a difficult time.
The register is not seeking people who are currently working in the sector to join the relief workforce. The NDIA want to ensure they are adding to the sector’s workforce.
Please pass on this information to your networks to help this message reach people not currently in the disability support workforce who may be interested.
The register is seeking:
- Former disability support workers or final placement students
- Those that have or are willing to obtain appropriate worker clearance and police checks
- People not currently working in disability support
About the register:
- This is not a full return to work. Registrants will only be called if or when other support arrangements are unavailable.
- Each registrant decides if they are able to help
- The placements will be local and will help your community in a time of need
- The work will be paid at market rates
- Registrant details will be confidential
Find out more and join the register at winterrelief.com.au
NDS member organisations are encouraged to promote the Winter Workforce Relief register on your communications channels such as socials, websites, and e-newsletters, or anywhere where former support workers and final year placement students might view it. Campaign assets, including website banners, enewsletter banners and social media tiles can be downloaded from the resources page
Disability service providers can also make workforce requests by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Where appropriate, the workforce request will be sent to IPA.See the frequently asked questions