Victorian Fair Jobs Code for the Community Services Sector
What you need to know
- The Victorian Government has released the Fair Jobs Code for the community services sector (the CS Code).
- Community services organisations (CSOs) that receive significant Victorian Government funding may be required to follow the code as a condition of that funding.
- The CS Code will come into effect in August 2024.
The Victorian Government has released the Fair Jobs Code for the community services sector (the CS Code) that will come into effect in August 2024. The CS Code is a series of standards relating to:
- compliance with applicable workplace obligations,
- promoting secure employment and job security,
- fostering cooperative relationships between employers, employees and their representatives, and
- promoting workplace equity and diversity.
Organisations who receive more than $2 million per year in Victorian government funding (from any Department) to deliver community services will need to comply with the CS Code. Services that are covered by the CS Code include child and family services, including out-of-home care services, disability services, community-based mental health and alcohol and other drugs treatment services, industry associations or peak bodies representing these sectors, among others.
The CS Code will not cover organisations who receive less than $2 million per year in Victorian Government funding to deliver community services.
Complying with the CS Code will be a condition of Victorian Government funding. It will form part of organisations’ requirements under its service agreement. The government will work with the sector to help organisations understand the CS Code and support them to meet their obligations.
You can learn more on the Victoria State Government website: About the Victorian Fair Jobs Code for the Community Services Sector