New animated videos about hospital stays released for service providers
What you need to know
- The Ready to Go Home project has produced a series of seven short, animated videos for service providers and support workers that cover topics of hospital preparation and stay.
- The videos can be used as an onboarding or education tool to prepare team members to assist people with disability for a planned or unplanned hospital stay.
- The videos are available on the NDS’s Ready to Go Home resources page, where you will find other information about hospital stay preparation.
The Ready to Go Home project has produced seven animated videos for service providers and support workers. The short (one to one-and-a-half minute) animations can be used as an onboarding or education tool for team members needing to prepare a person with disability for a hospital visit or hospital stay.
Co-designed and co-developed with health consumers with disability, disability service providers and health professionals, the Ready to Go Home project includes a set of resources to improve the hospital experience for people with disability and reduce barriers that contribute to discharge delays.
It consists of six Your Hospital guides and a My Hospital pack, available in easy-read and accessible formats.
The seven videos complement the content in the guides and the My Hospital pack, giving team members a rundown of what can be expected in a hospital Visit and the support they can give.
The seven videos are:
- Be prepared for a hospital stay
- Your hospital stay
- Decision-making during a hospital stay
- Discharge planning checklist
- Your discharge summary
- After your hospital stay
- The My Hospital Pack
The videos are free to watch on the Ready to Go Home Resources page. The My Hospital Pack video can also be found on the My Hospital Pack section of the page.
Ready to Go Home, a NDS and Department of Health WA partner project, is funded by the Australian Government Department for Social Services.
For any enquiries, please contact Charmaine Van Dyk, Project Officer, submit enquiry/feedback, show phone number