Deadline for NDIS Group-based supports to transition to new pricing fast approaching
What you need to know
- Providers of group-based supports in the community or a centre are required to move to the new pricing arrangements by 31 December.
- For supports delivered from 1 January, providers will not be able to claim against Transitional Arrangements for Community and Centre-based Group Activities for supports.
- There is a range of resources on the NDIS website to help you complete the transition.
In July 2020, the NDIA introduced new arrangements for charging participants who are supported in a group within the community or a centre.
In response to advocacy from NDS and the sector, the NDIA introduced a transitional measure that allowed providers of Assistance with Social, Economic and Community Participation supports in a group to select when they start the new pricing. After several extensions, this option ends on 31 December.
The new pricing methodology comprises:
- participants sharing the price of the worker supporting them
- charging participants individually for any non-face-to-face supports undertaken for them
- charging separately for the Centre Capital Cost.
For supports delivered from 1 January, the Transitional Arrangements for Community and Centre-Based Group Activities will not be claimable.