Harvard Business School offers three fellowships for Victorian non-profit CEOs
What you need to know
- There are three fellowships for CEOs from the Victorian community service sector in the Harvard Club of Victoria’s Non-Profit Fellowship Program.
- The fellowships of at least $14,000 each cover tuition, case materials, accommodation and meals, as well as a study tour of non-profit organisations in North America.
- Applications open on 14 December and close on 4 February 2023, with the Fellowship Program scheduled to take place in late July next year.
- An online information session with previous Fellows and members of the HCV Committee will be held on 14 December.
We encourage CEOs from Victorian non-profit disability providers to apply for the Harvard Club of Victoria’s Non-Profit Fellowship program.
The fellowship program allows three CEOs from the Victorian community service sector to attend a week-long Strategic Perspectives in Non-profit Management course at Harvard Business School in Massachusetts from 28 July next year.
The course prepares non-profit leaders to strengthen management and accountability, while leading the evolution for effective, high-performing organisations.
The HCV Non-Profit Fellowship of at least $14,000 each covers course fees, materials, accommodation and meals, plus a study tour of non-profit organisations in North America.
The fellowships are for CEOs in service delivery organisations in the community service sector, particularly: alcohol and drug services; disability; children, youth and families; environment; family violence; housing and homelessness; indigenous services; mental health; and refugee resettlement.
These organisations must be headquartered in Victoria, have DGR status and have annual revenues over $3 million. CEOs of industry associations (peak bodies), management support organisations and consulting firms are not eligible.
CEOs from NDS member organisations have received fellowships in previous years and found the experience enriching and engaging.
Previous fellows will be on hand to share their experiences and take questions at an online information session on 14 December, which will also cover the aims and background of the program, the key selection criteria and requirements, and the application and interview process.
- Applications open on 14 December and close on 4 February 2024.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on 23 March 2024.
- The program runs from 28 July to 3 August 2023 on the Harvard Business School campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- You can find more information about the Non-profit Fellowship and how to apply on the Harvard Club of Victoria website.
- The Harvard Business School has produced a short video on the course.
- Register for the online information session, Harvard University and United States Disability Tour: Insights and reflections, on 14 December from 5:15pm to 6:45pm.