Disability at Work Summit - last chance to register email
Last chance to register for NDS’s Disability at Work Summit on 22 June 2022. We don’t want you to miss out on the early-bird rate, so we have extended it right up until midnight, 21June AEST.
Register here now!
The conference will examine a range of important topics shaping innovation in employment supports for people with a disability in a fast-evolving labour market environment.
Some of the expert speakers for the event include:
- Peter Smith of the Centre for Disability Employment Research and Practice, who will present on Measuring the impact of employment on individuals to improve the quality of employment outcomes
- Mary Hawkins of the NDIA will highlight the upcoming reforms to NDIS employment transition supports
- Peter Brace of Human Capital Realisation will examine Psychological Safety as the Heart of the High Performing Team
- Mary Lou McPherson on NDS’s Zero Tolerance Initiative
Panel presentations, including sector representatives and NDS policy experts will analyse the following:
- How to shape the future of disability employment in Australia
- The Disability Royal Commission and the experiences of people with disability in open and supported employment
In addition, three concurrent streams will cover topics and case studies directly related to the provision of employment supports in a diverse variety of settings:
- Prof Simon Darcy of UTS on the required policy design of supports for entrepreneurs with disability
- Jewish Care’s Campaign Project designed to assist small to medium employers recruit and retain job seekers with disability
- Annie Crowe of Neurodivergent Millennial on embracing neurodiversity in work
- Concurrent presentations from service providers genU, Jigsaw, Barkuma, and a case study from South Korea on embracing mainstream employment models and placement opportunities for supported employees
- Social and employment transition models and supports for young people entering adulthood
- How employment service providers can maximise the impact of social media
Can’t make the conference day? The full platform and content will be available to registrants for 30 days on demand.