Incident Reporting Skills - Blended eLearning and Workshop
NDS, in partnership with PHI present Incident Reporting Skills - Getting It Right. Successfully respond and report to incidents to improve outcomes for staff, services and the people they support. This learning is presented in two parts:
Part One: eLearning (45 minutes) - available from Monday, 5 June, to completed before the workshop
- Identify what an incident is
- Know how to respond to incidents and what action to take
- Know what information to report and why it is important
- Learn the importance of providing factual and accurate information
- Know how to meet the NDIS Quality Standard requirements about incident reporting
Once you have completed the eLearning (part one), you will receive the zoom link to the workshop (part two).
Part Two: Workshop (1.5 hours) Wednesday, 14 June 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm AEST
- Use the knowledge gained from Part one (eLearning) to write an incident report
- Practice writing from case studies to improve skill
Please note: On completing the eLearning, the link to the workshop will be emailed. It is a pre-requisite that the eLearning is successfully completed. This blended learning is great for workers needing flexibility with their training.
This workshop is in partnership with Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI) and facilitated by Donny Raets. Donny's expertise is in creating manageable ways to identify, report, investigate and most importantly, how to prevent or reduce the likelihood of incident recurrence.
Donny holds a Diploma of Teaching, Cert IV Training and Assessment, Cert IV Aged and Community Care and has 30 plus years’ experience in education, ranging from Primary through to Tertiary (Vocational Education and Training), remote Indigenous Communities and the Corporate sector. Her CALD background and training in the Arts support her creation and delivery of meaningful learning experiences.
Who should attend?NDS recommends that Disability Support Workers and Staff who report incidents are most suited to this blended learning.
Event details:Date: eLearning available from Monday, 5 June. Workshop Wednesday, 14 June
Time: Wednesday, 14 June online workshop 1:00 pm to 2.30 pm AEDT
- NDS and NDP Members: $190 plus GST
- Non-members: $250 plus GST
For any enquiries, please contact Learn and Develop, NDS Learn and Develop Team, submit enquiry/feedback, show phone number