Right On Board: Governing and Managing for Human Rights, Quality and Safeguarding
Right On Board Workshop
Purpose at Work, in partnership with NDS, offers the Right on Board Workshop open to the disability sector. Right on Board answers the need as highlighted by the Disability Royal Commission for greater awareness of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, as well as strengthened governance and management of quality and safeguarding.
Right on Board is delivered live and online in three 2 hour workshops, each workshop delivered one week apart.
Workshop 1: Understanding rights and responsibilities
- The increasing expectations on directors and executives about human rights, quality and safeguarding
- Legal responsibilities of directors, executives and NDIS workers
- The human rights perspective and implications for supports types and service delivery
Workshop 2: Understanding the risks and how they should be addressed
- The key risks in service delivery
- How to prevent harm in service delivery
- Assure service delivery quality and safeguarding as a director and executive
Workshop 3: Knowing what is going on and embedding learning and action
- Understand when things are going right, and wrong
- Soft skills to support reporting
- Embedding learning and action.
If you'd like an in-house workshop specific to your organisation please see our Right on Board - Governing and Managing for Human Rights, Quality and Safeguarding In-house Workshop.
Who should attend?
NDS recommends Board Directors and CEOs of disability service organisations attend
Workshop 1: Tuesday, 8 November
Workshop 2: Tuesday, 15 November
Workshop 3: Tuesday, 22 November
Please note: October workshops are now full.
Time: 4.00pm to 6.00pm (AEST)
NDS Member: $425 plus GST per person
Non-member: $640 plus GST per person
Please note tickets are not to be shared - one ticket per attendee. This workshop is limited to 20 participants.
For any enquiries, please contact Alicia Perry, Learning and Development Partnership Liaison Officer, submit enquiry/feedback, 03 8341 4307