Defensible Risk Management Workshops
Risk management is not as complicated as you may think and is a vital skill that high-performing organisations teach their staff. Managing risk enables you to support clients to take risks, build their capacity and improve the quality of their lives.
Defensible Risk Management shows you how to achieve this in a legally and quality compliance safe way.
- Introduction to risk management to understand its value and inspire an interest in putting this skill into practice
- Risk management requirements of quality standards in aged, disability, and health
- Practice identifying risk and anticipating what can go wrong in order to safeguard goals, safety, and outcomes
- Practice risk assessment to accurately identify the cause of risks to ensure risk-reduction strategies are effective
- Options for reducing risk using the best practice team and systems-improvement approach
- How to evaluate the risk level using data and risk rating to aid good decision making
- Who to communicate with and how to monitor risk management effectiveness in improving people's support and
Take away practical strategies:
- Learn how to document a quality risk assessment to defend that reasonable care was taken to reduce risk
- Gain experience in identifying and assessing risk to improve outcomes and safety for people you support
- Discover strategies to reduce risk whilst maintaining people’s rights and supporting the dignity of risk
- See a practical example of risk assessment and documentation in action to increase your confidence to do it yourself
Who should attend?
Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers, and Quality and Safety Officers
Date: Wednesday, 23 November
Time: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm AEDT
Members: $215 plus GST
Non-members: $305 plus GST