Purpose-full Quality and Safeguarding
Available now - secure your booking for 2023.
How do we promote genuine commitment to quality and safeguarding, rather than mere compliance? How do you move beyond quality and safeguarding on paper, to realising quality and safeguarding in practice?
This will be a hands-on workshop. You will be asked to have your examples of your policies and procedures ready so that you can work on them during the workshop. It is a workshop for practitioners who already have a sound understanding of the NDIS quality and safeguarding system and any other quality systems applying in your organisation.
In the workshop, you will learn how to:
- Recognise the difference between systemsthinking and purpose-thinking, and why both are needed in quality and safeguarding
- Assess the needs of clients, frontline workers, CEOs, boards, auditors and regulators
- Determine priorities for action on quality and safeguarding in your organisation
- Enhance the quality management function
- Know techniques for simplifying your quality management system, while enhancing impact
- Implement strategies to build organisational learning
Who should attend?
Quality Managers, the most senior operational manager, and other senior staff involved with Quality and Safeguarding and policy and procedures.
- Pre-workshop reading
- Module 1: delivered live, online
- Lunch break
- Module 2: again delivered live, online
Please also have copies of your policies and procedures ready.
Dr Alan Hough, Alex Carbonetti and Gilbert Kruidenier of Purpose at Work specialise in governing and managing for human rights, quality and safeguarding. Alan combines expertise in governance with extensive knowledge of the real-world challenges of achieving quality and safeguarding in disability supports.
He is a regular presenter at NDS conferences and events. Alex is an NDIS quality auditor with extensive experience in learning and development. Gilbert also presents at NDS events and was the author of the NDS ‘Fundamentals for Boards’ interactive resource.
NDS Member: $5850 plus GST
Non Member: $8825 plus GST
Travel and accommodation are paid for by the organisation at cost.
For any enquiries, please contact Alicia Perry, Partnership Liaison Officer, submit enquiry/feedback, show phone number