Victorian COVID-19 Resources
Information and support for Victorian service providers
These resources include documents endorsed by DHHS, and others which have been developed by disability services and are being shared with the sector for adaption and use.
Note: This document has been developed by SCOPE Australia and reviewed by DHHS, and is being made available for use and adaption by service providers. NDS wishes to acknowledge and thank SCOPE for making this publicly available.
Information and links are accurate as at 12 August 2020. Providers are encouraged to regularly review DHHS updates.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreaks in disability services - Immediate Action Steps
Developed by DHHS, this plan is designed to enable disability service providers to continue essential services to people with disability. This advice gives guidance on how the disability sector can operate and prioritise their efforts in this current stage of the coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
COVID-19 Outbreak Management Self-Assessment tool
A COVID-19 self-assessment tool has been developed by DHHS for disability residential services providers to review their preparations for instantly responding to a COVID-19 outbreak.
It is recommended that providers use the tool at each of their sites as soon as practicable.
Detailed guidance for the management of COVID-19 outbreaks is also available via the Australian Government Department of Health.
- COVID-19 Plan for Disability Services - DHHS Disability
- COVID-19 information and support - NDIS
- Infection prevention control resources - DHHS
- Detailed information on claiming for PPE - NDIS
- NDIS Commission and COVID-19 - NDIS Commission
- Information and Referrals for PWD - Department of Social Services (Cth)
- Disposing clinical waste - Environment Protection Authority Victoria
- Disposing of PPE at home and in the workplace - Environment Protection Authority Victoria
- Infection control posters and promotional material – DHHS
- Health and Aged Care Sector - Department of Health (Cth)
- COVID-19 Info Hub - Australian Federation of Disability Organisations
- Guidelines and resources for environmental cleaning - DHHS
- NDIS and COVID-19 - Every Australian Counts
- Intellectual disability - VALID
- Families of children with disabilities - Association for Children with a Disability
- COVID-19 Info Hub - People with Disability Australia
- Ethnic communities and COVID-19 - Action on Disability within Ethnic Communities
- People with Asthma and COVID-19 - Asthma Australia
- Women with disabilities and COVID-19 (Cth) - Women with Disabilities Australia
- Wheelchair Users and COVID-19 - Nu Motion
- Vision impairment and COVID-19 - Blind Citizens Australia
- Information in Community Languages - Ethnolink
- Information for First Nations People - First People's Disability Network
- Women with disabilities and COVID-19 (Vic) - Women with Disabilities Victoria
- Vision impairment and COVID-19 - Guide Dogs Victoria
- Communication resources for understanding and staying safe from the coronavirus (COVID-19) - Scope Australia. A collection of Key Word Sign resources, Communication aids, Easy English resources and Social stories to help you understand, explain, and talk about the coronavirus
- Easy English guide - Do I have to wear a face mask? - DHHS
- Easy English guide - What is PPE? - Access Easy English
Badges for Victorians who are unable to wear face masks
Every person living in Victoria must wear a face covering when they leave home. However, the DHHS has listed a number of Lawful excuses or exceptions for not wearing a face covering in public.
The DHHS has created badges that can be printed or displayed on a Smartphone for anyone who is exempt and has a valid reason for not wearing a face mask. These badges highlight that a person is exempt from wearing a mask, or requests that another person remove their mask so they can understand each other better. It is a person’s choice to use the badges.
- Smartphone Badge:
- For persons who are Deaf or hard of hearing who need the person they are communicating with to remove their face mask:
- Print-ready badge:
- Self-care in the time of COVID-19 - Information on Disability, Education and Awareness Services (IDEAS)
- Be You - Beyond Blue
- Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service - Beyond Blue
- Not Alone podcast - Beyond Blue
- How to Stop Thinking About Work at 3am - Harvard Business Review
- What a Growth Mindset Can Teach Us About Thriving in Times of Uncertainty - directioneering.com
- 4 Steps to Navigate Grief and Loss Amidst COVID-19 - Workplace Mental Health Institute
- Breaking Down Stereotypes and Changing Behaviors in the Workplace podcast - ELMO Software
- Supporting positive mental health at work during COVID-19 webinar - Business Victoria