COVID-19 Hub Home Member only resources
Toolkit Snap Lockdown Guide COVID-19 Vaccine Health Department Advice NDIA & NDIS Commission Free eLearning Workplace & Business advice People with disability & CALD Victorian COVID-19 Response ACT COVID-19 Response
On this page:
- Vaccine hesitancy
- Social Scripts
- COVID-19 Vaccine roll-out: Frequently Asked Questions
- Australian Health Department advice and resources
- NDIS and NDIS Commission advice and resources
- HR/IR advice
- NDS's policy position
The Australian Department of Home Affairs website has Vaccine and Coronavirus myth-busting information. If anyone is hesitant or unsure, speak with your doctor.
NDS has created two videos "COVID Vaccine - Getting it done in disability", to assist providers in encouraging their staff and participants to get a COVID-19 Vaccine. Part one talks to people getting their first vaccination and in part two we meet them again for their second vaccination.
NDS has partnered with Amaze, to develop social scripts which outline the process of getting a COVID-19 vaccination at a mass vaccination hub or GP clinic. Autistic people may find the process of getting the vaccination stressful. These social scripts provide autistic people with an opportunity to prepare themselves for their vaccination and reduce anxiety.
The social scripts and further information can be found on the Amaze website.
Australian Health Department advice and resources
Disability Service Providers Toolkit
- Department of Health Information for Disability Service Providers
- Department of Health Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- Department of Health Information for disability workers
- A statement from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on rapid antigen testing for current high community prevalence environment
Disability Provider Alerts
Regular updates for disability service providers about the COVID-19 vaccination rollout can be found on the Australian Department of Health website.
NDIA and NDIS Commission advice and resources
- NDIA COVID-19 vaccine information
- NDIS Commission - Providers COVID-19 vaccine information
- NDIS Commission Factsheet: COVID-19 Vaccines - Informed consent, preparing for the vaccine, and restrictive practices
While there is no work, health and safety (WHS) requirement that you must implement a policy around the COVID-19 vaccine, it is important for all employers to review and update their organisational WHS policies regarding infection control and COVID-19 in the workplace.
State and territory governments have made public health orders requiring certain workers, including disability workers, to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in their state or territory. Employers and workers need to comply with any public health orders that apply to them.
The current public health orders can be found on the Fair Work website.
WorkPlacePLUS has developed Q and A based guidance to assist providers in determining whether vaccinations should be mandated within their organisations. We recommend members seek tailored advice before finalising their decision.
Our partnership with WorkPlacePLUS means NDS members can access discounted, tailored IR and HR advice.
NDS is continuing to advocate at a federal and state level for COVID-19 vaccinations to be mandated via Public Health Orders.
NDS's policy position
NDS's policy position on the vaccine was confirmed by the NDS Board on 11 February 2021.
NDS Policy Position (PDF 1.1MB) NDS Policy Position (Word 27KB)