Infection, Prevention and Control
This comprehensive course was written by subject matter experts which outlines strategies to successfully prevent and control the spread of infection which has never been more important than it is today.
This course equips workers with the latest evidence-based knowledge required to prevent and control infection according to current Work Health Safety (WHS) legislation, standards and industry codes of practice.
- identifying the risk of infection;
- responding appropriately to situations that pose an infection risk and reporting accordingly;
- identifying common infections;
- recognising the modes of transmission of infection;
- applying standard precautions as part of own work routine;
- recognising situations when transmission-based precautions may be required and reporting accordingly; and
- applying transmission-based precautions when standard precautions may not be sufficient to control infections.
Who should attend?
This comprehensive course is recommended for workers who require knowledge of safe work practices in order to prevent, and if necessary control, infection in the workplace.
Individual access: $35.00 plus GST for 12 months.
Volume discounts are available upon application
Online eLearning module - duration: 60 minutes
Proudly distributed in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance Training Alliance.