Policies and strategic directions
An inclusive Australia where all people with disability live safely and equitably.
As Australia’s peak body for disability service providers, we represent our members with a strong voice to support high quality, sustainable services for people with disability.
Our RoleWe see ourselves as having key roles to play across the sector:
- To drive sector change through effective and ‘smart’ advocacy on behalf of our members, drawing on good practice and strong evidence to inform our positions.
- To provide timely insights and analysis to service providers that they can use to inform their own decision making.
- To provide tools, resources and services to promote and drive continuous improvement in service quality and business sustainability.
- To facilitate networking, collaboration and sharing of knowledge, experience and good practice across the sector.
What sets us apart and makes us unique are the values that guide our work and how we act, interact and make decisions in the delivery of our services.
- Build respectful relationships - Build and nurture relationships based on mutual respect, open communication and accountability
- Lead change - Lead change for sustainable outcomes
- Deliver clarity and impact - Create solutions that deliver clarity, efficiency and impact
- Support and develop others - Support and develop others to achieve success.
- Embrace diversity - Recognise and value each person’s unique identity and contribution.
- Ensure NDIS delivers on its promise for all Australians.
- A powerful, informed voice across the sector for all our members.
- High quality and sustainable services by the sector.
- Members and people with lived experience at the centre of our work.
- A diverse and talented team delivering an organisation that is effective, efficient and sustainable.