Tasmania Training Quality Network
In July, the NDS Training Quality Network will focus on the unit from Certificate III Individual Support (Disability) that covers person-centred behaviour support (CHCDIS002), with a specialist presentation from the Senior Practitioner Charley Hodgson, and Kristen Foss from Anglicare to support the unit.
RTOs, please bring your Training and Assessment Strategy, assessment tools and model answers for external validation of this unit.
The main activities on the day will include:
- Validation of units of competence CHCIS002 – this can either be:
- with student work to meet ASQA external validation requirements or
- without student work to inform the RTO’s industry engagement and continuous improvement
- An overview of available NDS resources
- Networking with colleagues with a focus on strengthening the quality of disability training in Tasmania
The aim of the TQN is to support Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) to deliver training and assessment that meets the needs of the workplace in the context of the NDIS. It is important that employers take the opportunity to provide structured input into the validation process. This enables RTOs to play their role in strengthening the workforce in terms of working safely, effectively, efficiently and in the best interests of the people they support.
Please email any questions or items you would like discussed at the next meeting to Michele Foley.
Hobart: 20 July 2017
Launceston: 21 July 2017
Hobart: NDS Boardroom 1/160 Collins Street Tasmania Hobart, TAS
Launceston: Launceston Linc 71 Civic Square Tasmania Launceston, TAS
Time: 1:00pm - 4:30pm