Tasmania Training Quality Network
The Tas Disability Training Quality Network will come together for a state-wide meeting in Campbell Town on Friday 13 October from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Activities will include:
- Guest speaker Greg Harwood from the NDIA will update trainers on the Scheme and answer any of your questions
- We’ll share some learning from the 26TEN Workplace Literacy Project
- Trainers can become familiar with some new computer systems being used by services
- You can network with colleagues and providers
- Check out NDS resources relevant to your training area
- Validate units of competence from Certificate III Individual Support (Disability)
For external validation of assessment tools, RTOs need to bring at least two copies of your Training and Assessment Strategy, assessment tools including model answers, as well as the unit descriptor and assessment requirements.
The aim of the TQN is to support RTOs to deliver training and assessment that meets the needs of the workplace in the context of the NDIS. It is important that employers take the opportunity to provide structured input into the validation process. This enables RTOs to play their role in strengthening the workforce in the best interests of the people they support.
Please email any questions or items you would like discussed at the next meeting to Michele Foley.
Date: 13 October 2017
Location: The Grange, Campbell Town
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm