Preventing and Responding to Abuse: Reflection and Action
As part of the Quality and Safeguarding Project, NDS is delivering an interactive half day workshop on Preventing and Responding to Abuse.
The workshop has been developed for Coordinators and key Support Workers that will be actively be promoting a culture and practices aimed at preventing and effectively responding to abuse in your organisation.
The workshop will have a very practical focus, and utilise tools that have been developed as part of the NDS WA Safer Services Project.
During the workshop, we will explore:
- Practical tools to use with your teams to enhance awareness and safeguarding practices
- Identify and reflect on potential challenges and barriers, and working towards how these can be overcome
- Explore ideas about how to develop a safer services plan for your organisation
- Reporting culture, reporting of concerns, and Incident Reporting
- Conducting fair and thorough investigations
Who should attend?
The workshop is suitable for Team Leaders / Coordinators who are responsible for leading teams of support workers; and Operations Managers or Quality Managers, who will be developing systems, processes, training, and other supports to ensure change is facilitated through the organisation.
Date: Thursday, 17 October 2019
Time: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Venue: NDS Training Room, 12 Lindsay Street, Northbridge
Facilitator: Carmen Pratts-Hincks, Project Lead, Quality and Safeguarding, NDS