Introduction to Customised Employment Techniques
People with disability have the capacity and ability to take part in meaningful work of their choice when provided with the right employment strategies and supports.
Gaelen Williams - Coordinator, Customised Employment projects from NDS will be delivering the specialised training that aims to support you to develop the knowledge, tools and resources necessary to support people with significant disability who want to work.
In the USA, Canada and other countries, people with more complex disability are supported into employment using a technique called Customised Employment. In Australia, through the NDIS, people with disability are increasingly seeking transition to work using supports that incorporate a Customised Employment approach.
NDS have been delivering customised training as part of the WA NDIS School to Work pilot since 2016. NDS have trained over 800 people in this process to date including; staff from the disability sector, NDIS planners, Local Area Coordinators, schools, employment services, families and people with disability.
This training will introduce the ‘Informational Interviewing Technique’ and provide practical examples of how to maintain successful workplace partnerships. We share case studies to assist people to think differently when it comes to employment supports for people with disability.
Who should attend?
- NDIS providers wanting to support people with disability into work, School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) providers
- Ticket to Work members and others involved in school to work transition.
- Disability Employment Services (DES) managers and staff - to ensure they have the skills to create outcomes for this new client group of participants with more complex disability
- NDIS planners and NDIA staff
- Australian Disability Enterprise providers wanting to develop pathways for their clients
- Schools and career counsellors
- Parents of young people with disability
- People with disability
|Cairns||26 and 27 June 2019||Seville Mercy Conference Centre - Doyle Meeting Room, 35 Bauhinia Ave, Earlville, QLD 4870||9:30am - 4:30pm|
|Brisbane||24 and 25 June 2019||
Kedron Wavell Service Club, 21 Kittyhawk Drive, Level 1, Sky Lounge, Chermside, QLD 4032
|9:30 - 4:30pm|
Costs for both days & Locations:
Two day training - Non members: $455.00 Inc $ 26.11 GST
Two day training - Ticket to Work and NDS members: $250.00 Inc $14.84 GST