Introduction to Customised Employment Techniques
People with disability have the capacity and ability to take part in meaningful work of their choice when provided with the right employment strategies and supports.
In the USA, Canada and other countries, people with more complex disability are supported into employment using a technique called Customised Employment. In Australia, through the NDIS, people with disability are increasingly seeking transition to work using supports that incorporate a Customised Employment approach.
Gaelen Williams coordinates Customised Employment projects for NDS. Gaelen will deliver this specialised training, which aims to support you to develop the knowledge, tools and resources to support people with significant disability who want to work.
This training will introduce the ‘Informational Interviewing Technique’ and provide practical examples of how to maintain successful workplace partnerships. We share case studies to assist people to think differently when it comes to employment supports for people with disability.
NDS has been delivering customised training as part of the WA NDIS School to Work pilot since 2016. NDS has trained over 800 people in this process to date, including staff from the disability sector, NDIS planners, Local Area Coordinators, schools, employment services, families and people with disability.
We are pleased to now be able to offer the training in Melbourne.
Who should attend?
- NDIS providers wanting to support people with disability into work, including School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) providers
- Ticket to Work members and others involved in school to work transition.
- Disability Employment Services (DES) managers and staff - to ensure they have the skills to create outcomes for this new client group of participants with more complex disability
- NDIS planners and NDIA staff
- Australian Disability Enterprise providers wanting to develop pathways for their clients
- Schools and career counsellors
- Parents of young people with disability
- People with disability
Dates: 29 - 30 August 2019
Times: 9:30am - 4:30pm both days
Location: NDS Victoria offices - Level 3, 369 Royal Parade, Parkville