Disability Aware: An awareness and inclusion program
Disability Aware is an engaging, interactive and extremely informative online course, packed with highly-relevant, up-to-the-minute information specifically developed by disability professionals. The program covers a wide range of essential topics designed to build skills, understanding, and confidence with the inclusion of people with disabilities.
The program covers a wide range of essential topics designed to build skills, understanding, and confidence, including:
• Disability and diversity;
• The rights of people with disability;
• Different causes and types of disability;
• Communication tips and techniques;
• Stereotypes and misconceptions; and
• Strategies to help you feel confident to work inclusively with people with disability.
- Individual access: $35.00 plus GST for 12 months
- Volume discounts are available on application
e-Learning Module: Online (Duration: 60 minutes)
Date: 1 July 2019 - 30 June 2020
Target Audience: This course is suited to any organisation or industry type looking to enhance knowledge and skills to work inclusively and provide services to people with disability: employer, manager, colleague, volunteer, teacher, community worker or service provider.
Proudly distributed in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance Training Alliance.