NDS Leadership Series
Due to popular demand, NDS WA is delighted to once again offer a leadership program tailored specifically to the needs of the disability sector and aligned with the NDS Career Planner and Capability Framework and the Learning and Development Framework.
Presenter: Illuminate Group, Leadership and Management Consulting (RTO number 52022)
“You don’t train leaders, you develop them”
As we move forward into a full National Disability Insurance Scheme roll-out one of the significant challenges facing the disability sector is leveraging collective talent to build great organisations capable of delivering sustainable success. To ensure we maximise the potential of the entire workforce we will need to exercise collaborative leadership in ways that may not have occurred before.This program will create “light bulb moments to make participants think, feel and behave in order to achieve business results”. It provides a detailed understanding and engagement with current and future leadership challenges.
The program is designed to provide a complete leadership series with a suite of correlated training sessions however you can also register for selected topics to suit your needs. There will also be an opportunity to complete assessments leading to a qualification in leadership and management at participant’s expense.
What’s in it for you?
Over seven interactive days, participants will explore the following topics with the following outcomes:
Day 1: The Emotionally Intelligent Leader – 20 November 2017
- Understand the neuroscience of emotional transitions
- Understand the intelligence quotient vs emotional quotient
- Learn how emotional intelligence determines success
- Understand the four domains of emotional intelligence and their application in teams and organisations
Day 2: Communicating with Influence – 4 December 2017
- Understand how we consciously and unconsciously influence others
- Influence others and achieve goals
- Use communication to drive performance
- Use communication to improve client relationships
Day 3: Provide Leadership across the Organisation – 22 February 2018
- Understand how your actions as leaders impact your team members
- Create a values led organisation
- Key drivers of performance and all business outcomes
Day 4: Operational Planning and Performance – 22 March 2018
- Cascade your business strategy into goals, ensuring effective budgeting, resources and contingency planning
- Learn to plan more effectively leading to improved business outcomes
Day 5: Effectively Manage People Performance – 19 April 2018
- How your expectations impact individual and organisational performance
- Examine the effectiveness of your current performance management and identify areas for improvement
Day 6: Effectively Deal with Conflict – 17 May 2018
- Understand conflict and behavioural profiles
- Explore a framework for resolving conflict both internally and externally
- Understand locus of control principles
Day 7: Lead and Manage Effective Workplace Relationships – 21 June 2018
- Understand the five social domains of behaviour
- Understand the social science of collaboration
- Understand how to work with others to get the results you want
- Explore useful engagement strategies
Location for all days: NDS Training Office -12 Lindsay Street, Perth, WA
Who should attend?:
Experienced managers and staff who have recently moved into leadership roles.
What past participants have said:
"Fantastic learning series. Kudos to NDS and Illuminate Group. Investment in leadership capability pays!”
“One of the best personal development opportunities – thank you!”Cost
Early Bird or multiple registrations-
Members: $195 per workshop
Non-Members $275 per workshop
Members $215 per workshop
Non-Members: $295 per workshop
Book all seven workshops and save 20%. Available for the first five group bookings only.