In Conflict? How to Transform Conflict using Futures Methods
The COVID-19 health pandemic has created more potential sources of conflict for providers of services to grapple with and resolve. How well we manage conflicts will significantly shape the future others and we experience.
There has never been a more important time than now to cultivate greater capabilities in identifying and responding skilfully and mindfully to conflicts, as individual leaders, as organisations and as a sector. In this important live webinar, Professor Ivana Milojević will present on this challenging area and cover:
- The why and how of conflict, including how conflicts arise, escalate and what can we do to transform conflict;
- How we can constructively use the past and the future to resolve conflicts, rather than framing them;
- Leading participants through a process to transform their own unique conflict (or conflicts participants have observed);
- Using futures methods to understand, frame and re-frame the existing conflict, deescalate, minimise or transform it; and
- Guidelines into conflict prevention as well as post-conflict repair and recovery.
Do not miss this opportunity to participate in this live event with a leading thinker in the field of conflict transformation!
About the Speaker:
Professor Ivana Milojević is a futurist, researcher and educator with a background in sociology, gender, peace and futures studies. Ivana has been an Adjunct Professor and Visiting Professor at Australian and international universities; author of over seventy journal articles and book chapters; and author, co-author and/or co-editor of a number of academic books. Ivana presents and facilitates workshops for governmental institutions, international associations, and non-governmental organizations in Australia and internationally. She is the Director of Metafuture, a global think-tank and Metafuture School.
This webinar builds upon NDS's COVID-19 series available from NDS's Coronavirus Hub.
Live captioning and Auslan interpreters will be included. This webinar will be recorded and available to NDIS disability service providers in Queensland and NDS Members across Australia. NDS thanks the Queensland Government for their continued financial support.
Date: Wednesday, 5 August 2020
Time: 10:30am - 12:00pm AEST