Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk
Usually offered as an in-house workshop, this virtual workshop is an opportunity for organisations to send staff to learn practical steps to ensure a duty of care while supporting client choice.
Presented by NDS and Preventing Harm Initiative, the Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk workshop is suitable for staff across the disability sector.
The three-hour workshop covers:
- Human rights in relation to client choice and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Choice – what it means and its benefits
- The 'Empowerment Circle' - supporting client choice and avoiding abuse
- The dignity of risk and duty of care in practice
- Documenting choices - achieving legally defensible informed decision making
- Restricting choices – using the three 'L's to ensure legal requirements are met
Take away practical strategies to:
- Support client choice in real-life scenarios
- Document informed decision making and choices
- Confidently meet your duty of care and achieve the best outcomes for clients, your organisation and yourself
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Practice Standards: Rights and Responsibilities, Independence and Informed Choice
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
|Wednesday, 16 June 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm (AEST)||Online Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, 8 September 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm (AEST)||Online Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, 1 December 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm (AEDT)||Online Zoom Meeting|
Workshops limited to 20 participants.
Member: $200+gst per person
Non-Member: $300+gst per person
Please note tickets are not to be shared - one ticket per attendee.