Victorian NDS Webinar: Discussing Positive Behaviour Support
National Disability Services (NDS) is hosting an interactive webinar discussing positive behaviour support during COVID-19. A new series of films exploring the Foundations of Positive Behaviour Support, part of the NDS Zero Tolerance Initiative, will be officially launched during the webinar.
The webinar will feature:
- A panel discussion regarding positive behaviour support during COVID-19 restrictions with representatives from the NDIS Commission, Victorian Office of the Senior Practitioner and a service provider;
- An example of good practice where positive behaviour support has led to an increase in quality of life and a reduction in restrictive practices;
- An update from Professor Keith McVilly about the highly anticipated state-wide PBS practitioners development program; and
- Provision of relevant resources and an overview of upcoming events.
The Foundations of Positive Behaviour Support films cover five topics including:
- What is Positive Behaviour Support?
- Quality of Life.
- Listening and Communicating.
- Being Aware of Sensory Needs and Preferences.
- Upholding the Values of Positive Behaviour Support.
Date: 4 June 2020
Time: 10.00am - 12.00pm AEST
This webinar is open to everyone who might like to attend. The content will be particularly relevant for providers of specialist behaviour support and implementing providers in Victoria.