Understanding Positive Behaviour Support for Support Coordinators
Positive Behaviour support is a person-centred approach to supporting people who display behaviours of concern. It is underpinned by dignity, respect and human rights and aims to improve quality of life, builds a person’s skills and strengths and involves working in partnerships with a person and their support team.
With a focus on Queensland legislation on Positive Behaviour Support, the webinar will address:
- What does a good Positive Behaviour Support Plan look like and how do we know it is working well?
- What should a Support Coordinator expect from a PBS clinician?
- How can you engage participants to ensure a plan is effective and reduces restrictive practices?
- How can Support Coordinators identify needs and what other agencies might need to assess or contribute?
Registration is now open for two free professional development sessions with leading Queensland subject specialists including:
- Donna J. Lockyer - Executive Director, Restrictive Practices & Specialist Disability Programs, Disability Connect Queensland, Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Danielle Howlett - Director NDIS Support Coordination at Mercy Community
- Sarah Nicoll - National Practice Lead - Zero Tolerance Initiative National Disability Services
- Kelly Stein - Assistant Director at National Disability Insurance Agency
- Morag Gilchrist - Director - Behaviour Support Queensland, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Simon Wardale - Chief Clinical & Practice Officer, Specialised Services, Multica
If you have any accessibility, interpreter, live captioning requirements please advise when registering. Please note, we need a minimum of five (5) business days' notice to book Auslan interpreters and live captioning.
Mercy Community and National Disability Services (NDS) have partnered to deliver this session.
NDS thanks the Queensland Government for their continued financial support.
Date: Tuesday, 3 November 2020
Time: 10:30am - 12:00pm AEST
Location: Online Zoom Meeting