The Emerging Leader: One-day workshop
This workshop is for new and emerging supervisors and leaders within the disability sector. It will focus on transitioning from team member to team leader/supervisor, exploring and addressing some of the challenges faced when managing others and managing work.
The program provides practical guidance to get the most out of a team’s performance and manage workplace relationships. It involves self-reflection of an individual’s style and is applied in the context of a learner’s work environment.
Participants will learn to:
- Define the challenges of the new manager
- Recognise their own leadership style
- Recognise their role within the broader organisation
- Identify team development stages
- Identify factors that contribute to employee engagement
- Define what motivates people at work and apply these principles
- Identify and implement strategies to direct and delegate
- Describe continuous improvement, flexibility and adaption
- Improve their ability to deal with difficult situations
- Plan professional development
This venue is wheelchair accessible. Please contact the organiser directly with any additional accessibility requirements.
This event has been made available as part of the Sector Development Project by funding from the Victorian Government's NDIS Transition Support Package.
|12 February 2019||Century Inn, 5 Airfield Rd, Traralgon||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|22 February 2019||Functions by the Bay - Corner Plowman Place and Young St, Frankston||9:00am - 4:30pm|
Morning tea and lunch will be provided. Please provide details of dietary requirements upon registration.