Recognising Restrictive Practices Workshop
National Disability Services is delivering a series of half-day workshops across Australia to promote a shared understanding of recognising, reducing and eliminating restrictive practices.
Key topics discussed at this workshop
- Human Rights based approaches and the impact of Restrictive Practices.
- The national approach to restrictive practices - with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission's Directors of Behaviour Support.
- Available resources to support providers to meet national reporting requirements and state and territory based authorisation processes.
- Case studies will be discussed within a facilitated workshop format with topics including:
- Environmental restraints
- Duty of care vs. Dignity of risk
- Restrictive practices for children
- Understanding least restrictive practices
- Prescription of chemical restraints
- State and territory based approaches to restrictive practice authorisation.
- Local examples of good practice.
This venue is wheelchair accessible. Please contact the organiser directly with any additional accessibility requirements.
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that service providers, disability support workers, supervisors, behaviour support practitioners and practice leaders attend along with anyone else who may have an interest in the discussions.
Thanks to funding from the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission’s Support for NDIS Providers Grants these workshops are complimentary.
Not yet an NDS member? Visit the NDS membership page.
|Date and Time||Location||Registration|
29 October 9:00am - 12:30pm
All Seasons Hotel 171-183 McIvor Hwy
Bendigo, VIC 3550
31 October 2019 9:00am - 12:30pm
Professional Development Centre Nature Conservation House
Ground Floor 153 Emu Bank BELCONNEN ACT 2617
|7 November 2019 9:00am - 12:30pm||
Wagga RSL Club
|12 November 9:00am-12:30pm||
Club York Red Room
|21 November 9:00am - 12:30pm||
Box Hill Town Hall 1022 Whitehorse Road Box Hill, VIC 3128
|26 November 2019 9:00am-12:30pm||TBA - Whyalla, South Australia||Whyalla|
|28 November 2019 9:00am - 12:30pm||
U-City, 43 Franklin Street, Adelaide