The program provides practical guidance for those transitioning from team member to team leader/supervisor looking to get the most out of a team’s performance and manage workplace relationships. It involves self-reflection of an individual’s style and is applied in the context of a learner’s work environment.Participants will learn to:
- Define the challenges of the new manager
- Recognise their own leadership style
- Recognise their role within the broader organisation
- Identify team development stages
- Identify factors that contribute to employee engagement
- Define what motivates people at work and apply these principles
- Identify and implement strategies to direct and delegate
- Describe continuous improvement, flexibility and adaption
- Improve their ability to deal with difficult situations
- Plan Professional Development
This venue is wheelchair accessible. Please contact the organiser directly with any additional accessibility requirements.Who should attend?
NDS recommends that those new to, or looking to move into leadership and management positions attend.
Thanks to the Victorian Government's Transition Support Package, workshop costs have been heavily subsidised. NDS members benefit from further subsidised rates.
Give your organisation the best chance to transition to and operate in the NDIS market by making the most of our funded NDIS Sector Development Project.
NDS members will continue to benefit beyond this project. Not yet an NDS member? Visit the NDS membership page.
Date and Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm 17 October 2019
Location: Lakeside Hotel, 286 Napier Street, Bendigo, VIC 3550