Clinical Governance Essentials - 2021 Virtual Workshop
The Clinical Governance Essentials workshop is designed to simplify clinical governance and guide you through practical steps to ensure your service meets the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework and the expectation for governing safe, high-quality care.
Presented by Michelle Moreau, Clinical Governance Advisor, Preventing Harm Initiative (PHI), the full-day workshops cover:
Morning: Clinical Governance Systems
- Introduction to clinical governance to understand its purpose
- NDIS clinical governance approach to build the capacity of people with disabilities, enable choice and control, protect human rights and achieve the proportionate management of risk.
- Key elements of a clinical governance framework to fit with the developmental, preventative and corrective domains of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Using participant participation to achieve positive outcomes and satisfaction
- Ways to design service delivery to support staff to provide high-quality care
Afternoon: Monitoring Clinical Governance Systems – Governance in action
- Role of governing committees to meet responsibilities for the delivery of safe, high-quality support.
- Data collection to ensure you are measuring and reporting what matters
- High prevalence risk management to minimise the likelihood of complaints and incidents
- Monitoring incidents, complaints and feedback to evaluate service effectiveness
- Prioritising actions to demonstrate a commitment to clinical quality and safety and a culture based on a commitment to participant well-being
Who Should Attend?
NDS recommends that Board, Governance and Operations leaders within disability service organisations are most suited to attend.
The virtual workshop will be held on Zoom from 9:30am - 4:00pm with a lunch break
Tuesday, 16 February
Tuesday, 16 March
Tuesday, 18 May - for Board Committees
Tuesday, 15 June
Tuesday, 13 July
Tuesday, 10 August
Tuesday, 14 September - for Board Committees
Tuesday, 12 October
Tuesday, 16 November
Please note tickets are not to be shared - one ticket per attendee. This workshop is limited to 20 participants.
NDP Members and Staff from an NDS Member organisation: $380 per person
Staff from a non-Member organisation: $570 per person