Virtual Defensible Documentation Workshop
Usually offered as an in-house workshop or training and 1:1 coaching, this virtual workshop is an opportunity for organisations to send staff to discuss correct methods of record-keeping, and learn the leading method to document progress notes professionally, legally and competently.
Presented by NDS and Preventing Harm Initiative, the Defensible Documentation workshop is suitable for all staff across the disability sector who create records and incident reports.
The three-hour workshop covers:
- Legal requirements of progress note documentation
- Correct language and words to communicate factual information respectfully
- Tips for simplifying documentation and ensuring it's relevant and reader-friendly
- Duty of care - What it means and how to evidence it
- The recommended format for documenting care and support, risks, incidents, complaints and informed risk-taking.
- The two 'C's of consent to defensibly document choice and refusal of care.
- Practice writing defensible notes
|Monday, 1 February 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm||Zoom Online Meeting|
|Friday, 14 May 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm||Zoom Online Meeting|
|Monday, 16 August 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm||Zoom Online Meeting|
|Friday, 12 November 2021||9.30am - 12.30pm||Zoom Online Meeting|
This workshop is limited to 20 participants.
Member: $200+gst per person
Non-Member: $300+gst per person
Please note tickets are not to be shared - one ticket per attendee.