Building your budget for your ILC grant application
The ILC grant round is now open and applications close on 8 March 2017.
This workshop is for you if you:
- Are new to project budgeting
- Want to enhance your confidence in your estimates of your ILC budget bid
- Have included all the relevant costs, including the costs of complying with the grant conditions
This interactive workshop will work through some of the fundamental questions of building your budget for your grant application. You will leave the session with a check-list to use in reviewing your draft budget, as well as the insights of the other participants.
The workshop will be led by Dr Alan Hough.
It will provide guidance on how to estimate costs, what needs to be included, dealing with personnel expenses and accounting for comprehensive costs in service delivery.
This is aimed squarely at smaller organisations that may not have the professional in-house staff dealing regularly with these issues and is unlikely to be of assistance to anyone familiar with program budgeting.
Attendance is restricted to 30 people and no more than two people per organisation. The cost is $35 per person for NDS members and $70 per person for non members (GST inclusive). Payment will be by invoice.
To register, please contact Nada Jurjevic by email at or by telephone on 02 6283 3200.
While organisations should by now be fully aware of the grant round, the basic information is noted below.
Organisations can apply for two types of grants:
- ILC Jurisdictional Based Grants (a total of up to $3 million available)
- ILC National Readiness Grants (a total of up to $13.1 million avaialble)
- Information, linkages and referrals
- Capacity building for mainstream services
- Community awareness and capacity building
- Individual capacity building
Date: Tuesday 21 February
Time: 9.30am - 11.30am
Location: NDS Canberra, 33 Thesiger Court, Deakin