Zero Tolerance Workshops
COVID-19: Zero Tolerance live streaming workshops now available.
In response to the developments in public health concerns surrounding COVID-19 and the growing concerns around the potential increased risk of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation as raised by the Royal Commission; NDS are offering Zero Tolerance workshops via ‘live stream’ to reaffirm the importance of recognising, raising and responding to any deviation from the human rights of people using disability services.
Zero Tolerance is an initiative led by NDS in partnership with the disability sector. It assists disability service providers to understand, implement and improve practices, which safeguard the rights of people they support. It is through this commitment that NDS made the Zero Tolerance resources readily available to our sector.
During this workshop, we will cover:
- an overview of the Zero Tolerance Framework:
- Understanding abuse
- Preventing abuse
- Considering additional risks
- Responding to abuse.
- available resources to educate and train staff at all levels;
- good practice models working collaboratively within and outside the disability sector to prevent and respond to abuse.
- opportunities to discuss current challenges and potential solutions with peers
Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
Duration: 4 hours (2 x 2 hour online sessions)
Participant size: maximum 10 (additional participants can be negotiated on request)
Cost: NDS Members $800 plus GST, non-members $1,200 plus GST.
All workshops are co-facilitated by the NDS Practice Support Network.