Work Health and Safety awareness and duty of care (incorporating general Manual Handling)
Available now - secure your booking for 2024.
What you’ll learn:
- WHS Legislation Basics
- Fostering Safe Environments
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Mitigation Strategies
- Incidence Response
- Legal Compliance
- General Manual Handling
- Safe Lifting Strategies
Duration and format: 60 minutes - online eLearning module
Essential for: Individuals across various industries, locations, and roles. Whether you're an employee, manager, or supervisor, this course is relevant to you.
NDIS Practice Standards tags: Provider Governance and Operational Management, Risk Management
Suggested refresher schedule: Every 12 months
Why choose this course?
In the care sector, prioritising safety and well-being is fundamental, as it directly influences the quality of care you provide to both employees and those under your care. This course is essential for all staff at your organisation, including frontline workers and those in head office or support roles. This course equips your team with the knowledge and skills needed to identify, address, and prevent Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) hazards, risks, and incidents. By selecting this training, you're ensuring a safer, more secure future for your organisation and the people it serves.
What content does the course cover?
This course empowers learners to actively participate in creating a safer work environment and underscores their essential role in workplace safety. The key content areas covered include:
- Understanding the Workplace Health and Safety Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act, which explains the laws that ensure workplace safety.
- Creating a culture of safety and well-being in your team, no matter where they work in the company.
- Building skills to identify and deal with workplace safety hazards, making the workplace safer.
- Knowing how to respond when workplace safety incidents occur, keeping everyone safe and following the law.
- Learning injury prevention principles, including safe manual handling techniques, and understanding back care anatomy.
Course completion requires:
Successful completion of the compulsory quizzes included throughout the learning.
Once successfully completed, learners will be issued with a digital certificate of completion
Flexible learning access:
Our learning materials are accessible through two options: directly on our Learner Management system (LMS) or by using our SCORMs, which can be hosted on your organisation's own LMS.
We offer our course through a license agreement designed for large groups. This is a cost-effective option, especially when multiple courses are bought together. If you choose to pay for multiple years upfront, you will also get extra discounts.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for anyone working in the sector.
Individual access: $49.50 including GST for 12 months.
Proudly distributed in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance Training Alliance.