Virtual Consumer Choice, Dignity and Risk Workshop
Usually offered as an in-house workshop, this one-off virtual workshop is an opportunity for organisations to send staff to create a supportive and compliant care environment, and gain the confidence to support a client's dignity and life choices whilst successfully meeting accreditation standards and duty of care.
Presented by NDS and Preventing Harm Initiative, the Defensible Documentation workshop is suitable for staff across the disability sector.
The three-hour workshop covers:
- Human rights in relation to client choice and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Choice – what it means and its benefits
- The 'Empowerment Circle' - supporting client choice and avoiding abuse
- The dignity of risk and duty of care in practice
- Documenting choices - achieving legally defensible informed decision making
- Restricting choices – using the three 'L's to ensure legal requirements are met
Take away practical strategies to:
- Support client choice in real-life scenarios
- Document informed decision making and choices
- Confidently meet your duty of care and achieve the best outcomes for clients, your organisation and yourself This workshop is compliant with
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- NDIS Practice Standards: Rights and Responsibilities, Independence and Informed Choice
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Date: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm (AEST)
Conducted via zoom for up to 20 people - spaces are limited so register now