Workforce Planning for the Disability Sector, incorporating a review of the new NDIS Capability Framework
These are times of enormous change in the sector. The Covid-19 crisis has been consuming an enormous amount of our time and focus but several organisations are now turning their attention towards the future. In addition, we have a new NDIS Capability Framework which is about to be released.Many organisations are seeking to address a number of vital strategic questions:
- What will the new normal be? Service and commercial models will change as a response to the recent crisis and to changing expectations of service recipients, employees, funders and regulatory bodies, just to name a few.
- What can we do to respond to the workforce gaps which we currently have, for example the shortage in support workers and allied health professionals?
- What about the future workforce? Will it need to be quantitatively and qualitatively different?
- What options are there for reskilling our existing workforce?
- How can we optimise our talent acquisition?
- How can we manage these challenges in an integrated and coordinated manner?
- What about the new NDIS Capability Framework - what are the implications likely to be?
SACS Consulting are experts in workforce planning. They have undertaken many workforce planning projects across a range of sectors including disability and related sectors such as aged and health care. Andrew Marty, Psychologist and Managing Director, will in this presentation take you through the latest evidence on what works in workforce planning. He will explain to you the SACS model of workforce planning and give you many practical examples of how organisations have embraced the process of workforce planning to help them respond to a rapidly changing world. He will also review the new NDIS Capability Framework and explain its possible implications.
NDS is partnering with SACS to promote this online workshop as the disability sector has identified workforce planning as one of its biggest business capability challenges. Something made even clearer by the Covid-19 pandemic. NDS is keen to expose the sector to a range of workforce resources and models that help stretch thinking and build capability.
How You'll Benefit
You will gain an understanding of the most contemporary perspectives on workforce planning as well as a range of practical suggestions about how to embrace the opportunities of workforce planning in its simplest and most beneficial form.
Who Should Attend
Executives, line managers and HR professionals from the disability sector.
Andrew Marty is one of Australia's best known workplace psychologists. An active primary researcher, mainly in partnership with Deakin University, he takes an evidence-based perspective on human resources issues and delivers solutions in practical, easy to use form to SACS clients. Andrew is a sought after speaker due to his capacity to simplify the complex and present in a highly engaging fashion.
Date: Thursday, 8 October
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am AEST