Purpose-full Quality and Safeguarding Workshop
NDS and Purpose at Work are proud to offer Purpose-full Quality and Safeguarding: How do we promote genuine commitment to quality and safeguarding, rather than mere compliance? How do you move beyond quality and safeguarding on paper, to realising quality and safeguarding in practice?
This will be a hands-on workshop. You will be asked to have your examples of your policies and procedures ready so that you can work on them during the workshop. It is a workshop for practitioners who already have a sound understanding of the NDIS quality and safeguarding system and any other quality systems applying in your organisation.
In the workshop, you will learn how to:
- Recognise the difference between systems thinking and purpose-thinking, and why both are needed in quality and safeguarding
- Assess the needs of clients, frontline workers, CEOs, boards, auditors and regulators
- Determine priorities for action on quality and safeguarding in your organisation
- Enhance the quality management function
- Know techniques for simplifying your quality management system, while enhancing impact, and
- Implement strategies to build organisational learning
The workshop is delivered in-house, as a workshop of six and a half hours, with a maximum of 20 participants per workshop, using the following format:
- Pre-workshop reading
- Module One, delivered live, online
- Lunch break
- Module 2, again delivered live, online
Make sure you enter your address correctly in the registrations as we will send you the pre-workshop book, 'Lost In Control'.
This workshop is facilitated by Dr. Alan Hough of Purpose at Work. Dr. Hough specialises in governing and managing for human rights, quality and safeguarding. Alan combines expertise in governance with extensive knowledge of the real-world challenges of achieving quality and safeguarding in disability supports. He is a regular presenter at NDS conferences and events.
Who should attend?NDS recommends that Quality Managers, the most senior Operational manager, and others interested in Quality and Safeguarding within disability service organisations are most suited to attend
Event details:Date: Thursday, 28 September
Time: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm AEST
Location: Online via Zoom
CostNDS Members: $505 plus GST
Non-members: $760 plus GST