Lean Thinking and Practice Workshop
NDS invites Strategic Leaders and Managers to this two-part workshop on Lean Thinking and Practice.
This training, delivered by Lean Enterprise Australia, is based on the Lean Transformation Model (adapted by John Shook, President of Lean Global network) with five key elements that must be addressed in any transformation. Part 1 will cover the basics of Lean Thinking and Practice and Part 2 will explore the basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement.
The training is based on the Lean Transformation Model (adapted by John Shook, President of Lean Global network) with 5 key elements that must be addressed in any transformation. This 2 part workshop focuses on the Capability Development pillar of the framework.
Part 1 - Tuesday, 3 September: The basics of Lean Thinking and Practice
- Five Principles of Lean Thinking
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
- The lean ‘basic’ mindset, practices and tools for creating stability
On competition of Part 1 participants will be able to:
- Identify categories of waste in the work place
- Create a process map and a hand-off chart
- Apply the concept of value measurement to key processes within the workplace
- Categorise types of waste identified in the work place
- Remove some waste from the workplace using the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- Use the lean foundational tools to increase stability within the workplace
- Integrate Lean Thinking mindset elements into their own practice as leaders
Part 2 – Tuesday, 15 October: The basics of Lean Problem Solving and Improvement
- Types of problems
- Structured problem solving
- Small step improvement
- Solving problems in teams using value stream mapping
- Creating an environment and culture for solving problems
- Complimentary analysis and ‘future state’ tools for improving flow and quality
On competition of Part 2 participants will be able to:
- Triage types of problems that occur in a workplace to enable them to be addressed using the right techniques
- Undertake small step improvement in the workplace within a structured framework
- Establish or participate in a local improvement team within the workplace
- Demonstrate enhanced problem solving skills using the A3 format
- Apply lean tools and practices to specific problems identified in the workplace
This venue is wheelchair accessible. Please contact the organiser directly with any additional accessibility requirements.
Who should attend?
NDS recommends that strategic leaders and managers within disability service organisations are most suited to attend including; middle and senior managers.
Thanks to the Victorian Government's Transition Support Package, workshop costs have been heavily subsidised. NDS members benefit from further subsidised rates.
Give your organisation the best chance to transition to and operate in the NDIS market by making the most of our funded NDIS Sector Development Project. NDS members will continue to benefit beyond this project. Not yet an NDS member? Visit the NDS membership page.
Location: Ikon Park Pavilion, 400 Royal Parade, Princes Hill
Date: 3 September and 15 October 2019
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm