Hot Topics: Navigating Industrial Relations in an NDIS World
Join Michael Pegg, Industrial Relations Manager with Jobs Australia, for insights into current industrial issues for the disability sector, the implications for Disability Service Providers, and practical solutions.
Questions for discussion include:
- When is it OK to use the Home Care classification and what are the ramifications for the sector, as well as for individual employers, of classifying wrongly?
- What is happening with bargaining for disability services in Victoria and why does it matter to WA?
- What can WA learn from the proposed implementation of a portable long service leave scheme for community services in Victoria?
- What’s happening with casualisation of the disability workforce?
- What are the implications for our sector of the current debate about low wages growth in Australia?
Michael Pegg, Workplace Relations Manager - Jobs Australia
Michael has nearly 25 years of professional experience in industrial relations. He joined Jobs Australia in 2003. In his current role, he manages Jobs Australia’s Workplace Relations team who provide advice and consultancy services for not-for-profit community services organisations across Australia. Michael has been actively involved in representing the sector at a national level on issues such as the SACS equal pay case and the modern award review, as well as working in collaboration with NDS on the disability support workforce challenges arising from the transition to NDIS.
Date: 25 September 2018
Location: Formal Dining Room, University Club of WA, Hackett Drive, Crawley
Time: 7:00am for 7:15am - 9:00am