Health and Safety Representatives Community of Practice
NDS, in partnership with WorkSafe Victoria, is running a Community of Practice (CoP) for Health and Safety Representatives at disability service organisations.
This CoP is meeting monthly to discuss issues and concerns, and share strategies to assist disability services transition to, and operate in, the COVID normal environment.
CoPs bring people together and provide opportunities to support one another and leverage each other's knowledge and skills.
By facilitating a Disability HSR CoP we aim to
- Foster peer support across the disability sector
- Provide a forum of sharing of good practice, knowledge and resources
- Identify shared issues of concern, and discuss and consider strategies to address these issues
- Identify issues that NDS and Worksafe may raise in its representation to Government and the NDIA
- Identify opportunities for Worksafe to collaborate with the sector in support of the health and safety of its workers
|Wednesday, 28 July||2:00pm - 3.00pm||Online Zoom meeting|
|Wednesday, 1 September||2:00pm - 3.00pm||Online Zoom meeting|
The CoP aligns with NDS’s Safer and Stronger project which aims to provide practical information, guidance, support and active intervention to Victorian disability service providers. The Safer and Stronger project will focus on Infection Control and Business Continuity to enable services to effectively respond to COVID-19 and emerge as stronger organisations delivering safe and high-quality services to people with disability.