Epilepsy: Minimising the Risk
Epilepsy, like other long-term health conditions, comes with certain risks. If left unchecked these can become serious. The risk associated with seizures need to be understood and recognised because knowing about the risks means action can be taken to reduce them.
This course looks at possible risks in the home, outdoor and work environments. The interactive activities demonstrate practical ways to reduce risks for someone with epilepsy. There is also a section related to supporting others and managing if a seizure occurs in a public area.
What to expect
With plenty of video demonstrations, this course is perfect for health professionals and disability support workers as well as families.
Please note this course does not cover seizure first aid. For seizure first aid see Epilepsy Essentials.
This 30-minute course includes:
- Risk Management
- Why seizures can be risky
- Safety – managing risks in different environments
- Seizure triggers
- Reducing risk
- Managing people and their responses
- Planning ahead
- When a seizure occurs
Competencies and Outcome:
You will be required to complete a quiz at the end of the course, and then you will receive a certificate of completion
Per person for a 12 month licence (excludes GST)
- 0-10 users no discount - $40
- 11-20 users 5% discount - $38
- 21-40 users 10% discount - $36
- 41-60 users 15% discount - $34
- 61-120 users 20% discount - $32
- 121-150 users 25% discount - $30
- 151-200 users 30% discount - $28
Proudly distributed in partnership with Epilepsy Action Australia.