Emerging Leader: Transition from team member to team leader
Emerging Leader is for new and emerging supervisors and leaders within the disability sector. The workshop focus is on the transition from team member to team leader/supervisor and some of the challenges faced in managing others and managing work.
The program involves self-reflection of an individual’s style, strategies for getting things done, communications, team performance and workplace relationship management applied in the context of the learners work environment.
- Define the challenges of the new manager
- Understanding self and how you manage people
- Identify team development stages
- Develop communication skills for results
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Understand how do you direct and delegate
- Leading others and planning work
- Identifying employee expectations and understanding engagement
- Defining what motivates people at work
- Clarifying your role in the broader organisation
- Understanding continuous improvement, flexibility and adaption
- Plan your Professional Development
Who should attend?
NDS invites new and emerging supervisors and leaders within the disability sector to attend.
Date: Thursday, 22 February
Time: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm AEDT
Please note tickets are not to be shared - one ticket per attendee. This workshop is limited to 20 participants.
Cost (GST exclusive)
NDS Member: $215 per person plus GST
Non-Member: $310 per person plus GST