Emerging Leader In-house Workshop
Available now - secure your booking for 2023.
NDS and People Development Australia present Emerging Leader, for new and emerging supervisors and leaders within the disability sector. The workshop focus is on the transition from team member to team leader/supervisor and some of the challenges faced in managing others and managing work. The program involves self-reflection of an individual’s style, preparing and managing the transition into a team leader or supervisor role, strategies for getting things done, communications, team performance and workplace relationship management applied in the context of the learners work environment.
- Define the challenges of the new manager
- Make the shift from individual contributor to new supervisor or manager
- Identify key relationships and manage interactions and trust with manager, peers and direct reports
- Identify and manage group dynamics and managing a team
- Leading others and planning work
- Identifying employee expectations and understanding engagement
- Defining what motivates people at work
- Develop communication skills for results
- Understand factors that impact performance while managing performance
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Provide recognition and reward good performance
- Plan your Professional Development
This workshop is in partnership with People Development Australia and facilitated by Peter Agnew.
Peter has worked with NDS (National Disability Services) across Australia for over a decade. A popular facilitator that delivers several of our key interpersonal and leader programs. Through practical examples, contemporary theory and enjoyable facilitation, Peter helps team and leaders be their best. Peter has three master’s degree qualifications in Business, Education and Psychotherapy and practical leadership experience across the not-for-profit and business sectors. Peter’s facilitation has a good balance between group interaction, practical exercises, and relevant workplace application ideas.
- NDS Member: $3560 plus GST
- Non Member: $4760 plus GST