Disability Safe E-Learning Program
Duration: 20-30 minutes per module
Format: 8 x e-Learning modules
Target Audience: All staff, particularly those who are new to the disability sector
‘Disability Safe’ is a comprehensive and applied program consisting of eight individual e-learning modules. The program has been designed to enhance the quality of disability services through safe work practice.
Modules focus on developing and expanding workers knowledge and understanding in regards to creating and participating in safe environments. Each module takes 20-30 minutes to complete and includes assessment questions throughout.
The ‘Disability Safe’ program package includes the following topics:
- Bullying Awareness for Senior Managers
- Bullying Awareness for Workers
- Food Safety for Disability Support Workers
- Impairment in the Disability Sector
- Infection Control for Disability Support Workers
- Medication Management
- Risk Management
- Slips, Trips, and Falls Awareness Training for the Disability Sector
‘Disability Safe’ is not an accredited program, however, participants achieving 90 per cent or more on these questions are eligible to receive a certificate of completion. Participants receiving less than 90 per cent will be given the option to repeat the module.
Fee Structure (excludes GST):
- Individual access | $100.00 for 12 months
- 10-50 users (15% discount) | $85.00 per user for 12 months
- NDS Member Corporate Licence | $4,200 (unlimited users for 12 months)
- Non NDS Member corporate licence | $4,800 (unlimited users for 12 months)
Western Australian providers have free access to Disability Safe until June 30, 2018, thanks to state government funding.
Note: This course is avaliable on the NDS Workforce Essentials e-Learning Library Licence