Disability Employment Excellence Awards 2018
The Disability Employment Excellence Awards recognise, encourage and promote the great contribution that Disability Enterprises and Disability Employment Service providers make in improving the lives of people with disability.
The Pratt Foundation will sponsor these Awards. NDS greatly appreciates the foundation’s ongoing support of the Awards.
Disability Enterprises and Disability Employment Services (DES) providers are invited to submit nominations for the Awards. There are two awards: One to acknowledge Supported Employment and the other Open Employment.
Employment providers nominated for the Awards will be judged on criteria that acknowledge their provision of or placement in high-quality employment options for people with disability. The criteria are:
- The organisation provides excellent development and training opportunities for people with disability
- The organisation is a leader in providing or obtaining high-quality employment conditions for people with disability
- The organisation has adopted excellent business practices
- The organisation provides provider’s innovative and best practice approaches that ensure a quality employment outcome for both the participant and the employer.
- The provider is a leader in obtaining high quality employment outcomes for jobseekers with disability
- The provider demonstrates excellence in recruitment services that ensures employers have the right job match, support and guidance to meet their business needs.
The deadline for nominations is 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday, 18 May 2018. Nominations will be assessed against the selection criteria included in the Award Guidelines (see download to the right).
Nominations and enquiries can be emailed to .
The Award winners will be announced at the NDS Disability at Work conference cocktail party held at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth on 14 June 2018. The Award winners will be presented with a trophy at the ceremony.