Defensible Documentation for Disability Support Staff
Learn the leading method to document progress notes professionally, legally and competently.
- Is compliant with legislation and disability standards
- Supports client choice and control
- Enables clients to direct their own care and ensures staff document their duty of care
- Reduces the time required to write relevant information
- Uses complaints, legal cases and coronial investigations to illustrate requirements
- Covers incidents, risks, change, and the big risk ‘refusal of care or advice’
Presented by: Michele Moreau - RN
MHealthServManag, BNurs - Risk Advisor for PHI
Michele is a specialist in incident and complaint management. Including cases involving Complaints Commission, Police, Coroner, AHPRA and Workplace Safety regulators. Her insights into the documentation required to defend care and the mistakes to avoid is invaluable.
PHI is a Specialist Training and Risk Management Company for Aged, Community, Disability and Mental Health Services.
Date: 17 August 2018
Location: Moree Care, 300 Edward St, Moree NSW 2400
NDS Member - $120.00 + GST
Non NDS member - $140.00 + GST
Victorian providers - $45.45 + GST subsidised through the Victorian Government Sector Transition Support Package.
This workshop is available for in-house delivery. Please contact Katherine Hancock to enquire.