Defensible Documentation for Disability Support Staff
Learn the leading method to document progress notes professionally, legally and competently.
- Is compliant with legislation and disability standards
- Supports client choice and control
- Enables clients to direct their own care and ensures staff document their duty of care
- Reduces the time required to write relevant information
- Uses complaints, legal cases and coronial investigations to illustrate requirements
- Covers incidents, risks, change, and the big risk ‘refusal of care or advice’
Presented by: Michele Moreau - RN
MHealthServManag, BNurs - Risk Advisor for PHI
Michele is a specialist in incident and complaint management. Including cases involving Complaints Commission, Police, Coroner, AHPRA and Workplace Safety regulators. Her insights into the documentation required to defend care and the mistakes to avoid is invaluable.
PHI is a Specialist Training and Risk Management Company for Aged, Community, Disability and Mental Health Services.
|30 January 2018 - Morning||International House George Hicks Building 241 Royal Parade Parkville, VIC 3052||9:30am - 1:30pm|
|30 January 2018 - Afternoon||International House George Hicks Building 241 Royal Parade Parkville, VIC 3052||2:00pm - 5:30pm|
|1 March 2018||Quest Mildura 115-119 Madden Avenue Mildura, VIC 3500||9:30am - 1:30pm|
|13 February 2018||NDS Training Room 12 Lindsay Street Perth, WA 6000||9:30am - 1:00pm|
|11 April 2018||Preventing Harm Initiative, Training Room,
Unit 5, 259 Glen Osmond Road, Frewville, SA, 5063
|28 May 2018||Launceston LINC, Room 1, 71 Civic Square, Launceston TAS 7250||9:30am-1:00pm|
|30 May 2018||Glenorchy LINC, Room 2, 4 Terry Street, Glenorchy TAS 7010||9:30am-1:00pm|
NDS Member - $120.00 + GST
Non NDS member - $140.00 + GST
Victorian providers - $45.45 + GST subsidised through the Victorian Government Sector Transition Support Package.
This workshop is available for in-house delivery. Please contact Nicole Jenkins to enquire.