Costing and Pricing in the NDIS Environment
Costing and pricing skill and knowledge is a key area for providers to improve business practices to be prepared to operate in the NDIS environment. Together with Curtin University NFP Initiative, NDS has developed a practical and integrated Costing and Pricing Learning Program which launched nationally in October 2015.
This one-day seminar is designed to introduce finance and managerial staff in not-for-profit organisations to the basic concepts of finance in the new environment of the NDIS, including elements, where needed, relating to the remaining state-based systems, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and other regulatory bodies.
We will be focusing on the practical elements required to understand the new environment, drawing from both NFP and commercial backgrounds to provide a full understanding of the challenges we face. The seminar will cover Costing Practice; Pricing; and NDIS and Costing and Pricing.
As a result of participating in this seminar, you should be able to:
- Understand Activity Based Costing and why it is used in the costing and pricing of disability services under individualised funding arrangements
- Understand the key decisions that need to be made prior to commencing costing and pricing
- Understand how to develop the parameters of costing and pricing
- Appreciate where costing and pricing information may come from
- Understand some of the governance arrangements that need to be considered in undertaking costing and pricing
Who should attend:
Executive managers, finance managers, operations managers
Date: 28 May 2019
Location: Oaks Metropole Hotel, Townsville
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm