Costing and Pricing in the NDIS Environment
Costing and pricing skill and knowledge is a key area for providers to improve business practices to be prepared to operate in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) environment. Together with Curtin University NFP Initiative, NDS has developed a practical and integrated Costing and Pricing Learning Program which launched nationally in October 2015.
This one-day seminar is designed to introduce finance and managerial staff within a not-for-profit (NFP) association or company to the basic concepts of finance within the new environment of the NDIS - including elements, where needed, relating to the remaining state-based systems, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and other regulatory bodies.
We will be focusing on the practical elements required to understand the new environment, drawing from both NFP and commercial backgrounds to provide a full understanding of the challenges we face.
The seminar will cover costing practice, pricing, and NDIS and costing and pricing. As a result of participating in this seminar, you should be able to:
- understand Activity Based Costing and why it is used in the costing and pricing of disability services under individualised funding arrangements
- understand the key decisions that need to be made prior to commencing costing and pricing
- understand how to develop the parameters of costing and pricing
- appreciate where costing and pricing information may come from
- understand some of the governance arrangements that need to be considered in undertaking costing and pricing
Date: 18 July 2018
Location: Carina Leagues Club, 1390 Creek Rd, Carina
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm