NDS WA 2014-15 State Budget Pre-Budget Submission
1 November 2013
NDS WA's 2014-15 Pre-Budget submission focuses on delivering outcome priorities articulated in the National Disability Strategy 2010-2020.
NDS WA supports transfer of accommodation services for people with disability
11 October 2013
NDS WA welcomes the announcement today by the Minister for Disability Services to contract at least 60% of accommodation services currently provided by the Disability Services Commission to non-government disability sector organisations.
- Media Release 11.10.13 [101.46 KB]
- Media Release 11.10.13 accessible [35.84 KB]
NDS WA Annual Report 2013
17 September 2013
Overview of the activities and achievements of NDS WA for 2012/13
- Annual Report 2013 [3.59 MB]
- Annual Report 2013 [54.44 KB]
Media Release: State Budget brings praise and disappointment from disability sector
8 August 2013
National Disability Services WA today welcomed the 10.8% increase in spending on disability services announced in the 2013 State Budget.
- Media Release 8.8.2013 State Budget [120.33 KB]
- Media Release 8.8.2013 State Budget [43.01 KB]
Media Release: State funding a great outcome for WA ACROD Parking Permit Holders
8 August 2013
NDS WA welcomes and supports the State Governments' announcement to fund the administration fee of over 67,000 West Australian ACROD parking permits, as part of a four year $3.7 million State Government commitment, at today's State Budget.
- Media Release 8.8.2013 [146.02 KB]
- Media Release 8.8.2013 [46.08 KB]
Aboriginal Engagement and Employment Scoping Project Report
19 April 2013
The report highlights a significantly higher rate of disability among Aboriginal people and proposes an initiative that aims to address the barriers for Aboriginal people with disability in accessing existing vital programs and services.
- Aboriginal Engagement and Employment [1.05 MB]
- Aboriginal Engagement and Employment [250.37 KB]
WA Letter to the Editor – 'Blind Girl has cane seized at the Big Day Out'
30 January 2013
NDS WA has written a letter to the Editor after an article in The West Australian Newspaper 'Blind Girl has cane seized' on 30 January. A second article in The West Australian on 31 January claims a second teen with cerebral palsy was turned away.
- Letter to the Editor [303.28 KB]
- Letter to the Editor [16.15 KB]
WA Submission: Regulation Impact Statement consultation
25 October 2012
Submission to the West Australian Regulation Impact Statement consultation - WHS Model Regulations & Codes of Practice.
- RIS Submission [982.91 KB]
- RIS Submission [73.10 KB]
NDS WA Pre Budget Submission 2013-14
23 October 2012
NDS's Pre-Budget Submission outlines priority recommendations to the State Government to better meet the growing needs of people with disability and continue to build sustainable quality services in the lead up to the 2013/14 State Budget.
- WA Pre Budget Submission 2013-14 [3.88 MB]
- WA Pre Budget Submission 2013-14 [130.07 KB]
WA Media Release: Taxi Services a Key Issue for People with Disability
22 October 2012
This is one of four media releases that NDS WA issued highlighting key priorities in the 2013-14 Pre-Budget Submission.
- Media Release 22.10.12 Transport [75.28 KB]
- Media Release 22.10.12 Transport [49.15 KB]